02 October 2022

Autumn Rice Fields

Yongchon is not far from my apartment and I can take side roads there to avoid the maniacs in cars. The area is mostly rice fields and I rarely see anyone on the narrow concrete roads built for tractors and cultivators. It's a great place to ride my bicycle, enjoy the silence, and make a few photos.

Autumn is an especially beautiful time to be in the area. The ripe rice plants are golden-green and even the cut fields are photogenic. Most people head to the mountains to enjoy the autumn foliage, but I prefer to avoid the hiking crowd. Why would I go up the mountain with hundreds of noisy people when I can have acres and acres of fields to myself?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.