18 April 2022

Life Preserver Box

 

Life Preserver Box, Yeongnang Coastal Road

These boxes and warning signs are just about everywhere people might be swimming or climbing on coastal rocks. I wonder how you activate the light on top of the life preserver box. Maybe it automatically comes on when the box is opened.
   The sign says that this part of the coast has been designated a danger area and you are not allowed to enter. There is a hefty fine for doing anything to the equipment. Nothing about not making photos, so I'm fine.
   I'm pleased with this picture for a couple of reasons. One, I think the composition is pretty good and I like the colours. Two, I tried photographing this scene several times after coming to Sokcho and couldn't get any result that I was happy with. Using the 5:4 format on my Nikon D850 helped, I think.

2 comments:

  1. The 4x5 format works for the shot, I agree. I will crop in the darkroom to square or occasionally 4x5 from a 35mm neg. It’s nice you can do that in camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a big convenience. The D850 does 3:2, 5:4, and 1:1.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.