20 April 2022

Geumgang Large Bridge

 

As far as I know, all bridges in English are called Something Bridge regardless of size. In Korean, bridges are called Something Bridge or Something Large Bridge. Fine in Korean, a bit awkward sounding in English.
   What natural-sounding term could you use in English to name a large bridge? D' Dirty Big Geumgang Bridge? Girt Big Geumgang Bridge? Or something similarly silly. What about Great Geumgang Bridge? That suggests an architectural marvel and Sokcho's Girt Big Geumgang isn't that special. I guess Geumgang Bridge will have to do.
   The bridge has a bicycle/pedestrian path on both sides and I was on the eastern path when I made this photograph on my iPhone. I was on my way home from the supermarket and I didn't have a regular camera with me. Luckily, the phone camera is fine for small prints and monitors. The photo got cropped a little when I straightened it, but nothing important got cut. I had to clone out a large spot at the top of the frame in Lightroom. I thought it was a clump of pocket lint on the lens, but it turns out that something has gotten inside the phone. Or the sensor is damaged. Ugh. I'll either have to stop using the phone for photography or make sure that all my pictures have something black in the top part of the frame.
   Anyway, I like the picture and hope you do as well.

 

2 comments:

  1. I do (like it)! It's very strong and I think it would look great printed really big and bold. The little light peeking in from the left keeps catching my eye, but in a good way.

    I think over here the bridges are named after the river they span - Foyle Bridge, Bann Bridge etc. Very sensible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I don't think I could print it that large because it's an iPhone photo. 8x10 might be okay. I don't print larger than that anyway.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.