22 March 2022

Down at the Harbour

 

There is a famous pavilion called Yeonggeum Pavilion next to Sokcho Harbour. This isn't it. Yeonggeum Pavilion sits on top of a large hill, but this one is down by the water. I can't recall what the name of this one is. People visit the pavilions in Sokcho to see the sun rise. Mad bastards. Better to sleep in.

A bit cliché, perhaps?

A fishing boat heading into Sokcho Harbour.

I don't know who these guys are, but I see them almost every time I visit the harbour. They like buzzing around in their fast stubby boat.

From the breakwater I can see the southern part of Sokcho. It's where most of the new development is happening and most of those apartments are probably owned by people from Seoul and the surrounding capital area. On the left you can see a ferris wheel. It's called, wait for it . . . Sokcho Eye. Where do you think they got that name?

I'm not sure if you can see it in this photo, but the front boat is giving the other boat a tow into harbour.

This is Yeonggeum Pavilion. I can't find any information on when it was built. Maybe it's not that old? I haven't been up there yet, but it's on my list. To tell the truth, I would rather be below looking up at it than in it and looking down on the sea.





2 comments:

  1. Nice shots. Cliche perhaps for #2 but it works for me. I love the stones in the first one. And the composition on the Yeonggeum Pavilion is spot on - plus, the little tree on the left is sitting perfectly from the direction you snapped it up.

    ReplyDelete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.