06 January 2022

Portfolio - Animals

Curious Cows, Gangneung.


During my recent photographic slump I decided to create a portfolio of my best pictures. Out of eleven thousand pictures from 2005 to 2021 I narrowed my choice down to one hundred and sixty. An average of ten good images a year. Not bad? Anyway, it's too many to throw into a single album on Flickr or Google with any sense of organisation, and more than anyone wants to look at in one sitting. I divided the photos by subject and put them into more reasonably sized collections. I'm going to upload them to Flickr and share the links here as I finish them.

The first portfolio up on Flickr is a collection of animal photos. The cows above make an appearance and my cat Amice is there as well. There's even a black chicken I followed around for a while.

I hope you enjoy the small collection.

 


5 comments:

  1. I look forward to the rest of the links.

    I have a "portfolio" album on Flickr too. I add to it everything I think is worthy, as I upload them. Every now and again I go back and reevaluate that album, and remove photos I no longer think clear the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm adding keywords and titles to all the photos in my portfolios, and captions to some. So it's taking me a while to prepare. But no hurry.
      I knew you had quite a few albums on Flickr, but I hadn't seen the Portfolio album because it's on page 3. I enjoyed it. My two favourites are Michigan City Lighthouse and Woodford Reserve Distillery.
      Your other albums are a great resource for people wanting to know what results are possible from a particular film or camera. I'll certainly have a look when I feel like trying a new film. Not that there are many new films . . . .

      Delete
  2. That's a good collection of shots, well put together. Girl and horse, Black Chicken and Dog Resting are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Black Chicken is my most satisfying photo because I had to follow the bugger around for a while with a rangefinder camera.

      Delete
    2. Haha sometimes we have to suffer for our Art :)

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.