02 May 2022

Second Roll of Kodak E100

 I only have three pictures worth sharing from my second roll of slide film. It's not the film's fault - it looked good even under harsh light with bright spots and deep shadows. There are few keepers because I was careless. I didn't choose times of day or weather that was suited for slide film photography and at some point I was rushing to finish the roll and send it off to the lab. Not a great mindset for using expensive film. 

Some construction materials under a bridge. I went back to this spot with a digital camera a few days ago and couldn't get a similar result, even after screwing around in Lightroom for a while.

An alley near my apartment. This style of chair often has a chair connecting it to another seat. The university where I taught until recently had them in several student lounges.

And, of course . . . .
You can probably see that the film captures both highlights and shadows quite well. Any faults with the photographs on a roll are completely my responsibility.





2 comments:

  1. That F6 seems to nail the exposure. Did you shoot in some sort of Auto/Program mode, or were you metering yourself and adjusting appropriately? Either way, the results look good - the rusty bridge is great.

    Are the chairs chained together to make them difficult to move/steal, I wonder?

    And Amice's markings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let Amice now you appreciate his fine coat, haha. I think I may have let the camera determine exposure for the first two photos, but I'm pretty sure I spot metered off Amice's leg for the third picture because auto-exposure on all cameras gets it wrong.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.