05 March 2022

Wired

Laptop, phone, tablet. They are all hungry for power. The tablet's charge lasts quite a long time because I mostly use it for just reading books on Kindle, but it takes a long time to charge. My iPhone battery has seen better days and drains nearly as quickly as I can charge it. The laptop is probably the worst offender because I use it for photography, study, web browsing, and writing.

It seems like I spend most of my days plugging things in.

Once I move my iMac to this new place I won't need to use this laptop, so that's one less thing to charge. I should replace the battery in my phone, but I haven't gotten around to it. It's an iPhone 6, so depending on the cost of the battery repair, it might be better to upgrade to an iPhone 11 or something. Or an SE. Or ditch mobile phones altogether, but I noticed the other day that this new apartment has no place to plug in a land line. Or do phones plug into ethernet sockets these days? Anyway, I'll still have to charge it, just not so often. I could get rid of the tablet, but it's useful for too many little tasks.

Ugh. Pinned to the outlets by convenience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.