02 March 2022

Lake Photos

Yesterday I walked to Emart and had to cross two bridges that go over the bit of water that separates Cheongcho Lake from the sea. It's called a lake, and it does have a river running into it, but it's more of a large harbour than anything. You can find mussels and kelp on the shore all the way around.

I like the view from the bridges, and I took a few minutes to make some pictures, even though the light was nothing special. I might go earlier in the morning later, but the shadows from the bridges might be in the way. Maybe a cloudy day will be best. Anyway, here are the few photos I made on my way to Emart.

This reminds me of a crab with one large claw and one small claw. You can see the second bridge in the distance. I waited for a car to prop up the left side of the photo. 

The north and east sides of the lake/harbour are wharves for fishing boats and some larger ships. In the background are apartment complexes that go for astronomical prices because they have views of the lake and sea. Great, if you like sailors.

Two fishing boats heading for the mouth of the harbour/lake.

Seolak Mountain and its rivals.

I think I made this photo from the second bridge. I'm not sure what the boats (ships?) in the foreground are for. I'm including this picture because I thought the timing of the two smaller boats was pretty good.

This side of the lake also includes fish freezing and fish processing plants.

This morning I made a few photos on the south and west sections of the lake. There are a couple of parks there and a few flocks of cranes and ducks hanging out. I'll upload some once I've done my final edit.







7 comments:

  1. "Two fishing boats heading for the mouth of the harbour" is interesting and dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. I used the Compose and Wait method for that one.

      Delete
  2. Looks like an interesting place - lots of activity by the harbour, which usually means good opportunity for photography, assuming you can get yourself right in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, real estate and sea views. A match made in heaven - at least for the professionals involved in the process.

      Delete
    2. I can get right down on the wharf, though I'm not sure how the people working there will like it.

      Delete
  3. I think you'll be fine just nod and smile ';0)
    If it is tidal, it is a 'Basin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, basin. Perhaps that's it. I don't know if it's tidal or not.
      Many of the people working on ships here seem to be from southeast Asia. There's even a Foreign Sailor Welfare Centre near the fish processing plant.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.