10 August 2021

A Few From Seoul

 In late June I took an overnight trip to Seoul. I brought my Nikon F100 and the colour film I had left in the fridge. There were two rolls of Portra 400 and a roll of Fuji C200. I think I also brought a roll or two of black and white film in my bag, but I didn't get to them.

Most of the photos I made were just to remember things I ate and saw during my trip. I'm posting a few here that I think are worth sharing.

I arrived at Gangneung Bus Terminal a bit early and used my time to make a few photos of the departures area.

On the right is Namedaemun, one of the three great gates of Seoul. The original burned and so did a later gate. The latest burning was by a disgruntled man a number of years ago. As luck would have it, the government had recently done a complete survey of the gate and were thus able to reconstruct it exactly. But the gate is not the subject of this photo. It's the crowds that are going to have a big mashup in the middle of this crosswalk. There are arrows showing people to keep to the right, but whatever.

One way street. Or whatever.

Signs advertising a monkfish restaurant and a fortune teller. 

More to come . . . .



2 comments:

  1. These are all good. The walkways are just hilarious - especially the guy riding the scooter the wrong way. Would he get shouted at, or just ignored, I wonder. I don't think I would cope with the crowds very well in Seoul - I'd have to find a street cafe and sit and watch. That would do me fine. For now I'll just enjoy your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seoul is an interesting place to visit, but I don't think I could live there. It's bad enough living in a city of 200,000. Nobody seems to pay any mind to the mad motorcyclists and drivers. I've said things in the past, but they always look at me as if they don't understand the problem.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.