12 July 2022

The other end of an alley

 

Houses and Warehouse(?), Yangyang
I spied a sliver of the orange and white building (house?) through an alley off the main Yangyang road. I walked through and found this open space. I'm not sure if this patch of concrete is private property or not, but I took the time to carefully compose and make this photograph. Normally I would have separated the roof of the building on the right from the roof of the background building, but in this case I think the continuity of line from one roof to the other is better. Roof lining up with roof is repeated in the left part of the photograph, where the tin roof edge of the house is connected to the roof of the white building on the very far left.

Would this be a better crop, I wonder? Not sure. It feels a bit cramped now. And the lines of the dark window in the first version are paralleled in the dark lines of the white wall on the far left.  Any thoughts?




2 comments:

  1. I prefer the second one. One less thing to consider (I can't think of any other reason, except the half-window included in the first is very uninteresting) - there's enough going on in this shot already. To my eyes, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean. I think I might chop a bit more off the right, but it might be better still to just go back one day and have another go at it.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.