09 July 2022

Frame and Clouds

 

Kodak Portra 160, Nikon F6

The wood in this picture is not a cross - it's the left side of a frame for drying fish. I like the colours, the simplicity, and those puffy little clouds, but I also like the diagonal division of the photo into frame-sky and cloud-sky. I think the photo would be a lot less interesting if that bit of string wasn't there, though I can't explain why. Some reasons might be: It repeats the shape of the frame, it repeats the horizontal and vertical lines of the wooden frame, the little line of cloud connects to the horizontal bit of the strong, and maybe the relaxed nature of the string is repeated in those wispy clouds. Maybe. Anyone here have a degree in visual design?

2 comments:

  1. I agree the string makes it more interesting. For me (like you say) it's the non-uniformity of it, which rhymes with the clouds and contrasts the uniform straightness of the wood. The light hitting the top of the wood is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You expressed it very well. I didn't think of contrast with the straight wood.

    ReplyDelete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.