20 January 2022

Two Portfolios - Vehicles and The Bottom Drawer

 

The streets are full of vehicles. And the alleys are full of vehicles. And often the sidewalks are full of vehicles. It's really an unavoidable subject for my photography.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzzeAx

My final portfolio for the years 2005-2021 is small and just contains photos that I like but didn't fit into a group.

And that's it for my best and/or favourite photos from the beginning of my life until the end of 2021.  Selecting and collecting them gave me mixed feelings. On the one hand, I think there are some strong photos in my portfolios. On the other hand, I think, "That's it?" Well, I'm not dead yet and each year seems to result in more keepers than the year before. Maybe next year is the year for The Masterpiece . . . .

Thanks for looking at my albums and I hope you saw something that you liked.


4 comments:

  1. The chili shots are great - now there's something that definitely wouldn't work in B&W!

    I like the Baking Sheet. It begs the question, Did the photographer have to suffer for his art again and finish the samples to make the shot??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I had buns &c. from that shop and I wasn't that impressed. The baking sheet was the best thing about the place. :)

      Delete
  2. And yes, I liked the albums a lot. It's something I should try to do - organise my shots into some sort of order. I suspect you got a lot from this exercise too. As for the numbers, I wouldn't worry too much. I read an article about Martin Parr recently where he said something like 'How many good shots from 40 years of making photographs? About 40. Not too bad, I suppose'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's encouraging. 2005-2021 is seventeen years, is that right? Maybe I could put together a good portfolio of seventeen pictures, but I think I'm done with all those pictures now. I want to try something new, but I don't know what yet. Perhaps moving to a new city will give me some inspiration.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.