05 November 2021

Persimmon Tree

Persimmon Tree and Old House, Hoesan.

 I wasn't sure about this photo at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. There are lots of repeating and matching elements. The bare, withered look of the branches matches the dilapidated house. The shadow of the persimmon tree appears in the mirror. The apartments in the mirror are repeated by the apartments in the far background. Green foliage goes from right to left in the background, decreasing in height. Just like the blue roof. The line of trees in the mirror follows the line of three trees in the background. Oh, ho, ho. I wish I could claim to have seen all that when I was making the photograph. But possibly I was seeing it subconsciously because of all the photos I've looked at and the design books I've read. Something must have soaked into my thick skull, right?


2 comments:

  1. I like it too. I'm not a fan of these shots with the 3D Photo Balls that you see from time to time, but this is more the real deal since someone else put the mirror there. It definitely adds to the shot from the perspective you chose.

    I think you raise an interesting point with regard to the vision and I reckon that there is something going on in the subconscious that alerts us to a decent arrangement of the stuff in front of the camera. Otherwise it's just all random and the proverbial monkey with a camera could do just as well, given enough time. (Though maybe best not to test that theory, just in case...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael. I haven't seen 3D photo balls. It seems like something that would get old quite quickly.

      Delete

Cat in a Blanket

  Fuji 200, Nikon F6  Another test to see how I like Blogger versus Wordpress. Wordpress themes are irritating me.